How to Prepare

If you have any questions that aren't covered below, please call us at (919) 845-0234.
To have your doctor send your prescription to us, please fax us at (919) 845-7213.

A woman in pink shirt looking at her reflection in mirror.


Did you know that medicare solutions will reimburse your purchase of mastectomy products, including post-surgical bras and prostheses? You do not need to be recently diagnosed. You do need a new prescription every year. Standard Medicare Part B reimbursement is 80% of your out-of-pocket cost up to approved limits based on the current CMS Fee Schedule. Most Medicare supplemental insurance plans will cover the remaining 20% (if the deductible has been met), as will some secondary insurance carriers.

If you are not a Medicare recipient but have a private insurance carrier, your out-of-pocket costs for these items may also be covered. This coverage varies based on your carrier and your plan. Dianne's Selections is an approved Medicare provider with full billing privileges.

in-network provider with:

  • Aetna
  • Aetna Medicare
  • BCBS (most plans)
  • Cigna
  • Humana
  • Humana Medicare
  • Medicare
  • UMR
  • United Healthcare
  • United Healthcare Medicare

If your insurance is with another carrier, we are happy to fill out paper claims to file with your insurance carrier.

Taking Advantage of Your Coverage

Whether using Medicare or private insurance when purchasing covered items, you must bring a prescription from your physician or call your physician and have them fax it to us in order to receive insurance reimbursement. The information required on your prescription is specific. Please have them write a prescription for "breast prosthesis and mastectomy bras." The prescription is good for one calendar year unless refills are written unlimited. ​Remember, even though your physician has provided a prescription for your purchases, this does not guarantee your insurance carrier will reimburse you. It is important that you call Medicare or call us, so we can look you up on Medicare's online website, as well as check your private insurance carrier or have us check for details of your plan before visiting Dianne's Selections.

A group of women standing next to each other.